Tuesday, March 18, 2014

SCAM ALERT!!

I hope this post gets lots of hits.  Please share it on your google accounts, facebook, pintrest, twitter, etc. 

I received an email today that just seemed a little off.  I shrugged it off at first as language barrier issues, and replied.  Then I decided to google the name & eail address & found out it is a SCAM!!

Here is the email:

"My name is Eric Anderson,I want to place an order in your store,I will like to know if you ship to Singapore. Do you have credit card facility?Get back to me with your website.I will await your prompt response.

Best Regards,

Eric Anderson"
 
It is from "Eric P. Anderson:  auszza@gmail.com"
 
The Return-path (jiii @ fiobluuu.com -- I added space so it wouldn't hyper link) in properties on the email was different from the email address listed.  It should be the same.
 
I'm including a link to the blog I found on it so you can see how widespread and how long this guy has been at it.  http://stopartscams.blogspot.com/2011/02/scam-email-andrew-roundy.html
 
 
Please be careful.  Trust your instincts when you sense something is amiss & do the research.  Save yourself some trouble!  And save others, too, by sharing this post.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment