Thursday, June 20, 2013

Threading Discoveries, Part 3

 I was trying to use my Galaxy S3 to blog from, but blogspot doesn`t seem to like swype`s or swiftkey`s word prediction function, so I am now happily typing away on my Tablet.  So, because of the endless typo fixes I had to make last night  while attempting to blog from my phone, and that with great difficulty, I didn`t get very far on my necklace.  I did, however, move my project to the other end of the table.  Next discovery:  moving the thread causes it to tangle, even when you are careful!  But, gentle action to loosen and detangle has been sufficient to redeem my efforts and I am busily making my loop fraework.

(Well, now I am finding blogspot doesn't want to upload photos from my Tablet!  So, I will add them in after I am done writing.)

Oh! And I found that taping the thread tail close to me instead of on the far side of my bead mat makes it much easier to work with and far less likely to come off.

   

Something else I have found to be helpful is that when you are pulling the thread through, make sure to pull it through onto a different part of the table, not where the bunch of thread already is or it will tangle.  It is a little hard to see in the picture below, so I posted a couple different ones.
 
 
 


See how the threads coming away from the bead mat are going away from each other in the last 2 pictures? And it helps to put your finger on the beads to hold them down on the mat while you are pulling the thread through.

Okay, as much as I would rather stick to one long piece of thread, I am realizing that others might not have the time to or find pleasure in detangling the thread as is necessary when working with long pieces.  So lest you become discouraged if you decide to try this pattern, I will find a reasonable stopping place, cut the thread after tying it off and use smaller pieces.  But don't worry, I'll explain how you tie it off and start a new thread as well in my next blog.

Thanks for reading!  If you would like to take a class with me, please email me for my current schedule. HappyNewMinute@verizon.net And don't forget to tweet and update your facebook friends about this blog!  Thanks again!

Check back soon!
Happy new minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment