Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Threading Discoveries, Part 2

Ok, I am back.
     I added a comment on the first post, before I figured out how to post from my phone.  LOL.  
     I mentioned in my first post that to help keep the thread from tangling, pull the thread through with long gestures, and not bunch it up on the table.   Here is a picture of what NOT to do.
See the glob of thread on the instruction sheet?  That is a quick way to get a tangle.  And with nylon  beading thread, you really want to avoid that.  But I have found that if it looks like a tangle is forming to un-bunch it while the thread is still loose,  like this :

I hope you can see that the thread is now stretched out across the table and over the edge. 
     I also discovered that the tape doesn't want to stick to the beading mat like I had expected, so I stuck it to the table instead.  : ) 

    Because the thread is fine and slick, it wants to come off the needle.   (And you thought thread was an inanimate object without feelings! Ha!)  So to overcome this issue, when you hold onto the needle, also hold onto the thread with the same hand.  

     More to come, please check back soon and please share my blogs to your twitter and Facebook pages.  Thank you.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment