Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Threading Discoveries, Part 1

     Hello, all you beading & Misti's Jewelry fans out there!  I am excited to share my very first blog with you!  Thank you JB for helping me with this.  So, here it goes!  I welcome your comments!   


     I am happily working away in our sunny nook on my Baroque Beauty Necklace pattern.  Supplies of choice: the Swarovskitm Crystal Copper Baroque 50mm Pendant, some tan nylon beading thread, seed beads, and size 3 & 5mm Crystal Copper Swarovskitm bicones.  As I am working, I am contemplating a conversation I had with Jan & Anita who came to Beading Day last week.  We agreed that when doing an intricate pattern that takes a lot of thread, we would rather work with one long piece than several short ones that have to be pieced together.  We agreed that the minor tangles that arise from using a long piece are worth the added stability of a single thread. I must say, though, I am finding that 9 yards of beading thread is very easily tangled.  Hee hee.  I am also finding that what helps prevent tangling is to pull the thread through with long gestures so the thread hangs off the edge of the table, instead of piling up in a bunch on the table.  I will try that for awhile and let you know how it works out.  So check back to read  more about my beading adventure du jour. www.MistisJewelry.com

1 comment:

  1. I am also finding that mixing a playful cat with long beading thread makes it rather difficult to work. LOL

    ReplyDelete